We are always looking out for dedicated volunteers to help out at Epsom Hospital Radio.
At the moment, we are particularly looking for presenters who are interested in presenting the following types of show:
- Classical Music - a recent patient survey has shown that a large section of our audience enjoys listening to classical music. If you know your Albinonis from your Zimmers and are interested in presenting a classical music show, please get in touch!
- Sports Shows - We are looking for more presenters to join our sports Express team. If you love sport and are interested in presenting a show which is all about sport, please get in touch!
Whether you want to be a presenter, producer or ward visitor, we'll give you all the training you need. All you need is an interest in radio, an open mind and the desire to learn.
We are looking for a continued commitment from all our volunteers and we regret that we can not offer temporary work experience placements of any kind.
Many of our volunteers at Epsom Hospital Radio have years of experience not only with Epsom Hospital Radio but also with other radio stations large and small and bring together a wealth of experience from tips to planning your show or planning a play list to maintaining the equipment in the studios and the science behind various aspects of radio.
If you wish to become a member you must:
- be over 18 years old - Sorry, we cannot accept requests for people under the age of 18, so please do not ask.
- be prepared to commit a minimum of two hours per week.
- be prepared to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check (which is a requirement of the NHS trust).
- sucessfully complete the application process.
If you meet the above criteria and wish to continue, please complete the open evening request form below.
We will then contact you via email with further details and the dates of the next open evening, which are run on an ad-hoc basis.
If you're successful in the application process, you'll go onto complete training with a mentor.